This is a good recipe for fresh pac choy, napa cabbage or any oriental cabbage. Make this recipe your own by adding craisins, julienne carrots, or grape slices. We also like to add crunchy low mein noodles just before serving. A hit at potlucks!
- 3 oz. ramen noodles – broken into small pieces
- 4 cups shredded or chopped oriental cabbage
- 1/2 red onion sliced very thin (optional)
- 2 tablespoon sesame seed
- 3 tablespoon vinegar (we prefer rice wine vinegar)
- 2 tablespoon sugar
- 2 tablespoon salad oil
- 1/2 teaspoon ground white pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt (or more to taste)
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds, toasted
In a large mixing bowl combine noodles, oriental cabbage, onions and sesame seeds.
For dressing, blend vinegar, sugar, oil, pepper and salt. Blend. Pour over cabbage mixture and toss.
Cover and chill several hours or overnight to soften noodles.
Stir in almonds just before serving.
Makes 6-8 servings as a side-dish.