This is a good recipe for fresh pac choy, napa cabbage or any oriental cabbage. Make this recipe your own by adding craisins, julienne carrots, or grape slices. We also like to add crunchy low mein noodles just before serving. A hit at potlucks!
- 1 – 3 oz. package of chicken flavored ramen (spicy flavored is very good also)
- 4 cups shredded or chopped oriental cabbage
- 1/2 red onion sliced very thin
- 2 tablespoon sesame seed
- 3 tablespoon vinegar
- 2 tablespoon sugar
- 2 tablespoon salad oil
- 1/2 teaspoon ground white pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds, toasted
Crush noodles and place in colander. Pour boiling water over noodles to soften slightly. Drain well.
In a large mixing bowl combine noodles, oriental cabbage, onions and sesame seeds.
For dressing, blend noodle seasoning packet, vinegar, sugar, oil, pepper and salt. Blend. Pour over cabbage mixture and toss.
Cover and chill several hours or overnight.
Stir in almonds just before serving.
Makes 6-8 servings as a side-dish.