- 1 lb fresh green beans, trimmed and cut into 2 inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup fresh sage leaf, chopped
- 4 ounces sliced fresh mushrooms
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons white wine or sherry
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- salt and pepper
In a large saucepan, cook beans in boiling salted water for 10-12 minutes or until crisp-tender; drain.
Plunge into ice water; drain and set aside.
In a skillet, over medium-high heat, melt butter and add olive oil.
Saute sage 1 minute or until crisp and dark green. Remove with a slotted spoon and set aside.
Add mushrooms and minced garlic to skillet; cook 2 minutes or until liquid evaporates.
Add green beans, tossing to mix.
Stir in broth, wine, Worcestershire sauce, salt, and pepper; cook for 5-10 minutes or until liquid is reduced by half.
Stir in sage just before serving.